Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Nothing goes together better than movies and Cavemen

Good evening, Ladies and Gents. Welcome to the new(ish) side project of my personal blog Vintage Caveman.
Ever since I was a wee lad I've always been fascinated by the film industry. From my first time in a movie theater (rerelease of Snow White, 1993) to my first "R" rated movie (Con Air, 1997) to that week I saw 6 different movies ('bout 3 months ago) I've just sat there wide eyed in amazement at the action, adventure, romance, and beauty of the silver screen.
I love film and am as much of a purest a I've gone as far as anyone could go with an hobby(obsesion) and I'm currently a film student with hopes of getting into documentary film someday.
With "Film and the Caveman" I hope to spread my love of movies with my friends and family as if it were the common cold or syphilis. I would also like to use this as a chance to do a little independant study and examine my reasons for entering such a rocky/unstable career field.
Hopefully as things progress we might even see some guest posters, and see their take on the whole movie experiance from thier personal experiance.

Pull up a chair, pop some corn, and grab some Mike and Ike's. Our "Featured Presentation" is scheaduled to start shortly...

7 comments:

Karen said...

Dude. Your first movie in a theatre was in 1993?

Are you THAT young?

(My first was E.T. We stood in line for two hours and it scared the shit out of me.)

Caveman said...

You know Karen "age-ism" is an ugly thing.My personal philosophy is "Fuck life experience"
I was four years old at the time and I remember it fondly

Karen said...

I didn't mean it THAT way...

Shit...my boyfriend is only 21.

Take it as a compliment. You have a level of intellect that is beyond your years.

Caveman said...

It's no problem Karen, just ragging on you a bit.

The eventual age comment comes with blog territory. People seem to label you instantly when you announce your age. Lost a lot of readers that way.

I like to take it with humor

(21? I think that's called robbing the cradle)

Karen said...

(Guilty as charged. It has it's perks AND it's challenges. You can read thru some of my archives for further explanations of why I chose to date someone younger.)

Personally, I OBVIOUSLY think judging someone based on their age is ridiculous, as is judging them based on their appearance. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I come across a youngER person with any amount of intellect or an original sense of humor. Such things are rare...regardless of age.

Caveman said...

Very true. As Groucho Marx says "Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."

(Hey, as long as he makes you happy and hes good with the kids. Nothing else should matter.)

Karen said...

Touche...

(Or however you spell that.)